NIS is a vendor independent low voltage design and project management firm recognized for our excellence in professional services for over 30 years. We are a boutique organization that values the long-term relationships we have cultivated and maintained with our clients. This model allows us to focus on creating the best solutions for our clients. Headquartered in Beaverton, we provide consulting services for regional clients. We pride ourselves on the flexibility and team-oriented culture that we have fostered within our business.
NIS is seeking a candidate to join our Consulting Staff. This individual should be intimately familiar with technology infrastructure cabling systems and their installation requirements and standards. Our clients include K-12 school districts, higher education institutions, data centers, County and State governments, and limited commercial buildings. Our consultants provide design expertise and have a proven portfolio of translating client and owner requirements into the production of drawings, specifications, cost opinions, technical reports, and assessments.
This is a full-time position with both remote and in-person work expectations; work is a combination of time spent in the field and at a desk. Field work includes tasks such as site walks and inspections (pre, mid, and post construction), in-person client meetings, and documentation of this work. Desk work includes staff meetings, educational opportunities, specification and drawing review, and other elements of project design. Consultants can expect 60-70% of the workload to be office work (performed either in office, or at home), the remainder of work can be completed in the field.
NIS consultants need to possess in-depth understanding and knowledge of design and installation of technology systems, including but not limited to:
- Telecommunication services, including voice, data, and video transport
- Electronic safety and security, including access control, intrusion detection, and video surveillance
- Audio visual
- Paging and intercom technologies
- Wireless network (802.11XX)
- Distributed antenna systems
Project Management experience and understanding of the different design delivery processes found in the Architectural/Engineering/Construction industry is a requirement. Excellence in communication and relationship as well as attention to detail is all aspects is critical for this role.
- Must possess US citizenship
- Must possess current driver’s license
- Must be able to pass national criminal background check for work in K-12 environments
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Registered Communications Distribution Design (RCDD) certification OR Limited Energy Electricians License (LEA) required
- RCDD certification AND LEA license preferred
- Ten years of industry experience
- Experience in pricing estimation and developing bids for customers
- Knowledge of voice/data, IT/telecommunications, wireless systems, electronic security systems, video surveillance and audio-visual systems
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, design, and optimization of complex networks in a variety of campus environments
- Fluent in best practice design techniques and planning methodology
- Strong knowledge of codes and standards (NEC®, IEEE, ANSI, TIA, BICSI)
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design
- Skill in researching and writing technical reports and effectively communicating the information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to accurate read and translate construction specifications and drawings
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to operate within critical timelines as well as manage several projects concurrently
- Strong understanding and experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with Smartsheets is appreciated but not required
- Experience with Bluebeam, AutoCAD, and/or Revit is appreciated but not required
- Maintains a high degree of competency and familiarity within the industry with respect to products, services, and standards
- Represent NIS as a competent technical expert in the industry
- Maintain awareness of operational, technical, or regulatory changes and improvements within the K-12, government, and commercial environments
- Develop bid specifications, drawings, and related technical materials as required
- Submittal review
- Request for information responses
- Review change order documents
- Prepare written recommendations and project cost estimates clients
- Regularly interact with other disciplines who are part of a design team, e.g., Architects, Electrical, Mechanical and Structural Engineers
- Maintain a vendor independent, objective view of complex technical solutions
- Provide site inspection and implementation management for technology systems
- Apply industry, technology, and project management expertise to meet client requirements and provide deliverables within established timeframes and budgets
- Demonstrates the NIS differentiators in terms of industry expertise in design
- Provide quality control inspections and non-biased documentation
NIS offers a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company matching, a PTO package starting at three weeks of annually, and an additional 11 paid holidays. Other benefits include a hybrid work schedule of at-home and in-office, as well as flexible hours.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications, with a salary range between 90-110K. Only applicants that meet the requirements will be considered for the position.
CAREER GROWTH OPPORTUNITY:
NIS provides numerous opportunities for learning in growth, providing our employees with a multitude of ways to improve and advance their professional careers. NIS pays for applicable professional association memberships and expenses as required to attend conferences, maintain professional credentials, and attend educational opportunities. Growth opportunities include senior consultant and principal consultant opportunities in time.
Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to [email protected]