NIS is an independent consulting firm dedicated to delivering communications solutions through the best use of information technologies and related services. The Low Voltage Design Consultant supports our Senior Consultants and contributes as a foundation of our business model.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of providing positive outcomes for clients. Our consultants must present a professional appearance and be comfortable collaborating on projects with NIS staff.
Successful consultants typically work with minimal supervision and must be self-motivated and disciplined to accomplish tasks and complete projects within prescribed timelines. This is not an engineering position, however, the position requires a high degree of analytical and technical expertise.
A Low Voltage Design Consultant must:
• Be well versed in current telecommunications trends, especially as related to your specific area of expertise and understanding how this relates to the larger field of telecommunications
• Represent NIS to the community, clients, vendors and other such entities in a professional and positive manner
Low Voltage Design Consultant is typically responsible for the following:
• Field inspections to ensure construction meets design documents and specifications
• Other duties as assigned, typically to assist with the overall success of the company as directed by the Operations Manager
• In-depth knowledge of communications technologies and systems: specifically related to cabling and wiring that supports these systems
• Construction experience required especially related to commercial level customers
• Professional presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to listen to client’s technical needs and translate into quantifiable results
• Thorough knowledge of telecommunications practices and communications equipment as well as industry standards and trends
• High level of written and verbal communications skillsWorkTools Used: The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of PCs and related software. Specifically:
Education and Experience: Minimum requirements for this position are:
This position is based in a non-smoking professional business park and employees will be expected to attend staff meetings in person. Working from home may be allowed with appropriate supervisor approval. Working from home is considered a benefit and NIS will does not provide home office outfitting for employees; although we try to utilize tools that allow for easy mobility.
Substantial computer usage is expected as well as client visits and fieldwork. NIS will provide cellular phone and reimburse business mileage (usually the maximum allowed by Federal Tax Law) as well as all business related expenses. The company will provide the necessary headset (if desired). Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds is required. Travel is required with occasional overnight stays. Travel is typically limited to the western United States.
Compensation Package: Compensation is base salary with additional discretionary bonuses. Employee benefits include 11 paid holidays, personal time off (PTO) starting at three weeks annually, medical reimbursement up to $350/month & dental benefits fully funded for the employee, and a 401k plan. This position is exempt and reports to the Operations Manager.Company values: Our company values include honesty, integrity, trust and respect. We are looking for individuals who share these values in a cooperative environment.
Hours: This is a full-time position. Anticipated schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Submit resumes to:
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers