Job Description and Duties:
Title: BIM Intern
Hours: 20+ hours weekly
Internship Duration: 3-6 months
The BIM Intern will augment our design team. Key responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Create and update telecommunications BIM models
- Coordinate technical BIM development with AE BIM manager
- Create and update Revit template(s), libraries, and families
- Work from rough sketch drawings to produce plan drawings
- Create new drawings from existing base models
- Assist in the production and review of drawing packages/deliverables
- Set up and maintain backgrounds, schedules, and details
- Support work of designers
- Organize and file drawings
- Follow company quality control guide
Additionally, candidates should:
- Be detail oriented
- Have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Be flexible as priorities shift
- Be comfortable working on multiple deadlines at once
Education and Experience: Currently a 3rd- or 4th-year student enrolled in Architecture, Engineering, or related program. Graduate students may also be considered for this position. Qualified candidates must have 1+ year of experience with AutoCAD and Revit. Experience with putting together design packages supporting architects is a plus.
Submission Guidelines: Submit a resume with cover letter along with work samples (5MB maximum). If selected for the position, applicants may be asked to provide two recommendations.
Effort and Working Conditions: Substantial telephone and computer usage are expected. The company will provide the necessary headset (if desired). Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
Hours: This a part-time position. Hours are not guaranteed and may vary week-to-week. Available to work a minimum of 20 hours weekly is desired.
Pay Scale: $14.50-$18.00 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Submit resumes to:
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers